In the year 1945, a small group of Christians were meeting at the Leonard Peach farm. In a few months the farm facilities became too small for the group and they began to meet in the Valley Chapel house. this accommodated them for about one year. They then moved into the Methodist Church at Sunnyside, north of Milton Freewater.
Elder W. A. Lusk, who had been a missionary to South America and a Spanish teacher at WWC was asked to help this group of Christians organize into a Seventh-day Adventist Church. Elder Fred Mote, President of the Upper Columbia Conference, at this time, was also asked for his guidance in setting up this organized church. Brother and Sister Alvin and Leona Zickuhr were part of the group that asked Elder Floyd Stratton to be the leader of this church.
On May 29, 1948 with 79 charter members, the Stateline Seventh-day Adventist Church was begun. In the spring of 1949 Brother and Sister Bill Bork deeded the land to the Upper Columbia Mission Society for the present church site.